Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new Top Ten list will be posted by one of the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. Everyone is welcome to join, just make sure to link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so everyone can check out other blogger lists. Have fun!
Top Ten All Time Favorite Characters in Books
1. Sam Roth from Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
It's sweet, adorable, and romantic Sam, how can readers who loved Shiver not love him?
2. Sean Kendrick from The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
He's great with horses and knows what he wants to do, working hard for it.
3. Yelena and Valek from the Study Trilogy by Maria V. Snyder
Okay, so I'm cheating here a bit, but you can't really have one without the other. Just not possible with this dynamic duo.
4. Bigwig from Watership Down by Richard Adams
Yeah, I'm such a sucker for a tough guy who eventually shows his softer side (even if he's a rabbit, he's still Captain of the Watership owsla).
5. Aahz from The Myth series by Robert Asprin
He kind of goes hand in hand with Bigwig, tough exterior but you know he really worries about Skeeve and wants him to succeed. (He's the green guy in the middle.)
6. Alanna from Song of the Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce
She wants to be a knight in a world that wouldn't accept that all while saving the kingdom one book at a time. How cool a character is that???
While she could definitely get into trouble, she usually made it out of her scrapes and troubles just fine in the end. Also, does anyone else remember the TV series they had for the books?
8. Evie from Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
She's funny, tough, and she has a pink taser, making her one of the most memorable and adorable characters on my list.
9. Alexia Terabotti from Soulless (The Manga) by Gail Carriger & Rem
Okay, since I haven't read the book yet, I can only judge by the manga, but holy schnikies is Alexia not one of the coolest heroines ever! She knows how to kick some serious butt all while in traditional Victorian England attire, and that makes her even more awesome.
10. Carol, Stevie, and Lisa from The Saddle Club by Bonnie Bryant
I grew up with these three girls, and with their love of horses rivaling my own, I think it's only fair to have them on this list (especially with as many books in the series I had).