Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, a state that you don't have to worry about being deprived of more books as long as you're near a library. ;) This week's Top Ten is:
Top Ten Reasons I Love Being a Book Blogger/A Bookish Person
(In no particular order)
1. My job. :) As a librarian, I have to stay on top of what's new, popular, or even unknown potential, and being a book blogger allows me to feel out what will most likely circulate in our library.
2. Sharing unique and unknown titles. It seems as though most major blogs know what will become popular, but sometimes I really like to see the indie titles make it big. Having the chance to see a self-published author rise up in the book world is awesome, and being able to share their work with the public is even more amazing.
3. Never being anywhere without a book. You would be surprised at the times when a book would be so handy even when just running errands like having your car detailed, going to see the doctor, or even waiting at the airport for your beau to arrive. I never go anywhere without a book. :)
4. Meeting new people. This applies to my fellow bloggers and followers since everyone can offer their input on a book whether you enjoyed it or it just wasn't your cup of tea. :) Books can definitely spark many discussions, and it's always fun to just recommend a title to someone like your hair stylist. (<--True story on Paranormalcy after she asked about it!)
5. Having a full bookshelf. Yes, it's a shallow reason, but the top two rows of my shelves used to have collections of breakables. I've condensed them to just the top row of each bookshelf, but eventually, I'll need a new shelf for the breakables or the books to-be-read-in-2011. ;)
6. Talking about books. Even if it's an oldie but a goodie, I still love to just talk about different titles, and if I see a review for one I love, you can bet your boots I'll leave a comment. :) It's amazing at how many new people are getting into the book-blogging world every day, and you might just recommend a title they had never heard of before.
7. Recommending titles to friends. This isn't always met with success which translates to my friend enjoying the book, but for the most part, I have a pretty good record of book title recommendations to my friends. One friend who loved a recommended title shared it with her mom who also ended up enjoying the book. Two readers for the price of one recommendation, woo-hoo!
8. The book memes. I only participate in a few weekly memes, but I still love participating in them whenever I can contribute. It makes my inner Pandora eager to see what my fellow bloggers have to share as well.
9. The authors. Whether it's following an author's blog, reading an author interview on another blog, or getting the chance to finally meet an author, you cannot beat this kind of closeness. It used to feel as though they were on another planet, but blogging really opens more doors for the readers to meet their favorite authors. :)
10. THE BOOKS!!!