When opening the library this morning, I got quite a shock to see that there was a huge leak in the ceiling... right above the cookbook collection. There is good news and bad news. The good news is the leak was above the end of one shelf panel. Also, the cleaning crew who apparently noticed the leak during the night made the effort to save the books on that area of shelves by pushing them through to the other side. For that, we are all definitely thankful. The bad news is that we lost about 12 cookbooks due to heavy water damage. When a book is soaked through to the spine with a liquid, there is no way to save it especially from book mold. Rest in peace, dear cookbooks.