Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new Top Ten list will be posted by one of the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. Everyone is welcome to join, just make sure to link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so everyone can check out other blogger lists. Have fun!
Top Ten Bookish People I Want to Meet
(In no particular order)
1. Rae Carson (The Girl of Fire and Thorns, The Crown of Embers) - I'm so thrilled to meet the author who broke some serious "norms" in YA fiction. Elisa is one of the most courageous and amazing fantasy heroines readers will ever find.
2. Kerstin Gier (Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue) - It's so understandable how she became an international bestseller. I cannot wait until Sapphire Blue is released in October.
3. Jay Kristoff (Stormdancer) - If you haven't been paying attention to interviews, reviews, and the like involving either Jay or Stormdancer, I'm betting he's an awesome and hilarious guy to talk to.
4. Tamora Pierce (Song of the Lioness) - I missed the chance to meet this early YA writer when I was at Dragon*Con back in '08. Should I have the chance again, you can bet your boots I'm going to meet her.
5. Gena Showalter (The Nymph King, Intertwined) - This was the woman who got me back into reading paranormal romance when I thought all there was to offer was vampires. She seems like a fun lady, too.
1. Marla from Starting the Next Chapter - She's been a great blogging friend and confidant when it comes to advice on what to get for the library. I hope one day we can meet and chat about books and writing over coffee and dessert.
2. Poison Rose from Picked by Poison - As a new partner in crimeme *rimshots*, I'm sure she'd be a fun person to hang out with.
3. Christy from The Reader Bee - I've followed this lovely lady for a long time now, and she always has great reviews and such a cute blog. She's one of the best precedents for bloggers, and I would direct any newbies to her blog.
4. Louise from Between the Covers - A hilarious and snarky lady, I know she'd be great to go shopping with, especially in a bookstore.
5. Kyla from Unbind with Words - Same goes for this pretty lady as with Louise, she's one awesome writer.