Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, a state that you don't have to worry about being deprived of more books as long as you're near a library. This week's Top Ten is:
Top Ten Trends You'd Like to See More Of/Less Of
1. Greek Mythology Redone - I've always been a fan of Greek Mythology and it's nice to see it making it's way into updated renditions such as Abandon, Sirenz, and Starcrossed.
2. Quartets - This is probably a silly reason especially since there are so many great trilogies, but it's nice to see quartets making a comeback into bookstores, especially when we have great classic ones such as The Song of the Lioness and new ones such as the Intertwined books.
3. Dragons - It feels like a long time has passed since I saw dragons as the focal point of a novel or series and not as a "problem" or "villain" so I'm hoping to see more books like The Princess's Dragon and Firelight.
4. Humor - How many books have you read that just cannot laugh at themselves or at least find the humor in certain situations? It's nice to have books that have a nice balance of humor in with the overall seriousness of the story line such as with Paranormalcy and Chasing the Moon.
5. Baking in fiction - There's just something comforting about books that involve baking whether the story involves a baking competition, such as with The Bake-Off, or spreading around warmth through a welcoming present, as with Friendship Bread.
6. Paranormal boarding schools/camps - So much can go on at both camp and boarding school and when you add paranormals to the mix as with Born at Midnight or Hex Hall, you know the interest level is knocked up another notch or two. Or three if werewolves are involved in the mix.
7. Books involving librarians - Yes, folks, you can bet your boots this one was going to be on my list because they defy the stereotype. We even have some nice examples of librarian-featured novels with A Discovery of Witches and The Rites and Wrongs of Janice Wills.
That's all I can think of for my list. What's on your Top Ten Tuesday? I'd love to see your list. ^_^
P.S. Everything Deb at Readerbuzz says.